Garlin grew up at the crossroads of two ancient routes ; one was the transhumance route and the other a roman road. In 1302, Marguerite de Béarn reinforced the frontier with ancient Aquitaine by building a bastide. A few of the town houses remain from the 17th and 18th centuries, and the Mairie is part of them. Garlin has a bullring which is used regularly in the Spring and Summer.
Lembeye is a strategic fortified town on the borders of Armagnac and Bigorre. The most impressive building remaining from the 13th century is the clock tower over the old town gate. The town still has a weekly market on Thursdays. The church is the largest gothic building in Vic-Bilh.