In this land of natural springs, numerous well-heads were built in the 19th c., based on simple plans and made with noble materials. Some of them have been renovated.
At the beginning of the 19th c., Moncaup had about 20 fountains forming a network of drinking water for the villagers. In 1998, the village council decided to preserve 12 of them. There are many walks around Moncaup.
GPS : 43.4831893, -0.05669309
According to the legend, the Saint Quitterie Spring has medicinal qualities for the soul and the body.
The water is still drinkable.
D317 / GPS : 43.5770914, -0.13439149
Brick dome, rectangular opening with freestone frame.
Lined with terracotta tiles.
Quartier Polidor / GPS : 43.552055, -0.172513
The stony fountain of the corridor of the City hall dating of 18th is one of the vestiges of the original interior design of the House Hiton.
3 place de la Résistance / GPS : 43.56087, -0.27177
Old foutain dating 1815. Built in stone, bent to keep the freshness of the water. Wooden door protecting the reserve of water.
Chemin de la Houn de Caouté / GPS : 43.562527, -0.059384
Source covered with a stony kiosk.
Chemin de l'église / GPS : 43.526075, -0.180701